In the history of the religious life of the Cimbri in the Veronese mountains, each period marked by an improvement in living conditions and therefore also by a growing population corresponded to the construction of new chapels spread across the region. This is what happened in Bosco Chiesanuova at the beginning of the eighteenth century, when the inhabitants of the northernmost area of the parish decided to build a new church much closer to their homes, with the only constraint being that they had to remain linked to the main parish church. In 1723, the parish priest at the time, Don Melchiorre Calzereri de Prati, thus signed off on the plan, and construction was completed within two years. In 1725, worship officially began at the Church of San Michele in Maregge. Sunday mass was celebrated until 1830, but the oratory was certainly not abandoned after this date: in 1871 the church was fitted with a beautiful Way of the Cross, while the wooden statue of the archangel was placed above the altar at the beginning of the 20th century. There is also an Archangel Gabriel on the roof keeping an eye on those entering the high pastures of Lessinia and watching over the people, houses and activities taking place in the valley below.
How to get there: to reach the church of San Michele al Maregge, follow the SP6 road, which continues from Bosco Chiesanuova towards San Giorgio. The church is located along the road once you reach Maregge.